Vokollage seaches for a new conductor!
Choir: Mixed student choir Vokollage – Eindhoven (Noord-Brabant)
Rehearsal: Monday evening
Starting from: January 2024
Closing: September 10th, 2023
Mixed student choir Vokollage is looking for a new conductor from January 2024 onwards! Vokollage is part of Eindhovens Studenten Muziek Gezelschap (ESMG) Quadrivium.
Who are we?
Student choir Vokollage consists of about 45 members, with varying choral experience. We are an internationally oriented student choir, open to all, but mainly students from various institutions in Eindhoven and its surroundings. The repertoire is diverse but focuses mainly on accessible classical music (e.g., Kim André Arnesen). We sing pieces with four to eight-part divisi (SATB), consisting of both acapella pieces and pieces with an orchestra or other musical accompaniment.
Vokollage is part of ESMG Quadrivium, the student classical music association in Eindhoven. In addition to the choir, the association consists of symphony orchestra Ensuite, wind orchestra Auletes, various ensembles and piano members. Collaborations between the orchestras, ensembles and choir happen regularly. The choir usually gives three concerts a year: around December, March and June. Examples include collaboration with other (student) organisations and a “sQratch”, in which a group of musicians study a complete piece of music in one day, and then end the day with a performance of that piece.
Rehearsals take place in the Luna building on the campus of Eindhoven University of Technology on Monday evenings from 19.30-22.15. The language used during the rehearsals is English. Next to the weekly rehearsals, we organize a rehearsal weekend every year in the fall, where next to the rehearsals the whole association comes together to do fun activities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic choir conductor that wants to help the choir on improving vocal techniques, studying notes and expressing the music. They have to be willing to work with a group of changing composition, of which a selected group stays for a longer time. Next to leading the rehearsals, the conductor has to be willing to collaborate with the yearly changing student board of ESMG Quadrivium and the choir committee to compile a repertoire of artistic quality that is suitable for the level of the choir.
For this, we are looking for a choir conductor that
- Has an affinity with students and recent graduates.
- Has an affinity with beginner vocalists. The choir members have varying singing experience, some of them singing for the first time.
- Is able to collaborate with the student choir committee and board and is active in compiling a repertoire based on the characteristics above.
- Has at least a bachelor’s degree in choir conducting or equivalent experience.
- Is proficient in English.
- Is preferably able to play the piano during rehearsals. There is no pianist available.
- Is available on Monday evenings (19.30-22.15) from January 2024.
- Working with young and enthusiastic choir members, who are not afraid of doing big and innovative projects.
- Room for own initiative.
- The ‘gezelligheid’ (fun atmosphere) of working with a student association.
- A starting salary of 75% of the guidelines of ‘Koornetwerk’, depending on the degree.
If you interested in this position, please send your application, consisting of a CV, references and motivation letter including a proposal for a concert program to email@example.com by September 10th 2023, the latest. Interviews will take place in September/October and trial rehearsals will be in October/November.
For more information about our association, have a look at our website www.esmgquadrivium.nl or our social media (Instagram: quadrivium_eindhoven; Facebook: ESMG Quadrivium).